Cedar Shake Roofing Replacement & Repair In Chicagoland
Cedar shake roofing offers a unique aesthetic, but having a natural wood roof comes with several drawbacks. Cedar roofing is prone to fading, cracking, curling, and moss growth, so frequent maintenance is required to avoid these problems.
Greater Midwest Exteriors has the solution — composite cedar shake roofing from Brava and DaVinci. Composite materials are more durable than real wood, giving you the beautiful aesthetic without the maintenance.
If you’re interested in installing cedar shake roofing on your Chicagoland home, call GME at 630-463-7663 and request a complimentary consultation.
What Is a Composite Cedar Shake Roof?
Composite cedar shake is a synthetic polymer material designed to look like genuine cedar shake roofing. Each tile has a realistic grain pattern and grooves that are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. You can even choose from multiple color options and styles, giving you the precise look you want.
Composite vs. Natural Cedar Shake
Consider the key issues that set composite and natural cedar apart:
- Durability: While natural shake fades in the sunlight and may be easily damaged by hail, composite shake has excellent color durability and a high impact rating to withstand hail and wind.
- Fire resistance: Real cedar requires chemical treatments to achieve the desirable fire retardant level. However, the synthetic materials used to create composite shake shingles are naturally Class A or Class C fire retardant, making them safe for residential roofing.
- Warranty: Typically, natural cedar comes with a workmanship warranty from the contractor who installs your roof. Composite cedar products have this, too, along with coverage from the manufacturer. GME installs Brava composite cedar shake roofing, which has a 50-year limited warranty, and DaVinci composite roofing tiles, which have a limited lifetime material warranty.
- Life span: Natural cedar has a relatively short life span of up to 20 years, assuming it receives proper maintenance. Composite shake can last 50 years or more with little to no maintenance, as long as they’re properly installed and promptly repaired as needed.
- Cost: A composite shake roof is comparable in cost to its natural counterpart. However, the improved performance and lack of maintenance mean you save in the long run by installing a synthetic roofing product.
- Sustainability: Aged cedar takes hundreds of years to grow and involves cutting down trees. In comparison, synthetic shake roofing is made of recycled materials and can be recycled again when the roof reaches the end of its life span.
Cedar Shake Roofing Installation in Chicagoland
Working with real wood roofing can be cumbersome. Plus, natural cedar is prohibited in many jurisdictions because of its variable fire resistance. Composite shake has no prohibited jurisdictions and offers an easy installation process.
Turn to Greater Midwest Exteriors for a job well done. We begin every cedar shake installation with a roof inspection to determine your needs. Then, we install the premium roofing material you select from Brava or DaVinci for unmatched beauty and industry-leading warranty coverage.
Cedar Shake Roofing Repair in Chicagoland
The sun, wind, and rain wreak havoc on natural cedar, diminishing its aesthetic and causing roof leaks. To prevent these issues, homeowners must have their roofs inspected and maintained regularly.
Such deterioration does not occur with composite shake roofing. While it’s still wise to inspect the roof periodically, especially after a storm, minimal routine maintenance is required. This promotes an extended life span and long-term cost savings.
Why Choose Greater Midwest Exteriors?
GME has over 20 years of experience serving the Chicagoland area. We are proud to be a one-stop shop for all your exterior needs, including composite roofing installation, repair, and replacement. Here’s what to expect when you choose us for roofing services:
- High-quality roofing products
- Extended warranties
- Upfront, competitive pricing with financing available
- Complete transparency
- Unmatched customer service
- Your 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Ready to upgrade to a composite shake roof? Get started today by calling Greater Midwest Exteriors at 630-463-7663.
See What our Neighbors Are Saying
See For Yourself
View Our Gallery of Projects
The Chicagoland Area
Joliet | Hinsdale | Plainfield | Homer Glen | Burr Ridge | Naperville | St. Charles | And Surrounding Areas